Re: PM/RTC 3.5-rc5: System suspends fails when not built with RTC?

"Joe Woodward" <jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I've got 3.5-rc5 with the following patches applied to get system suspend working on OMAP3:
>   - fix the DSS: OMAPDSS: Use PM notifiers for system suspend
>   - fix the 32KHz clock: ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod code/clockdomain data: fix 32K sync timer
>
> This has been built with the omap2plus_defconfig.
>
> However, If I disable the RTC (i.e. CONFIG_RTC_CLASS/CONFIG_RTC_DRV_TWL4030) and rebuild then when suspending the device never wakes up.
>
> That is, I can't get any wakeups to happen (either through the console, or GPIO buttons) hence I'm assuming the kernel has crashed...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> As far as I know there is no dependency on the RTC in 3.4, and with the RTC compiled in I never see a problem on 3.5-rc5.

There is definitely a bug in the EHCI driver in v3.5 that cause a hang
in suspend, but the RTC connection is very strange.

I was not able to reproduce this.

Can you try the same with my current 'pm' branch[1].  I've got a handful
of additional fixes there for various other problems where both MMC and
EHCI are preventing sucessful suspend with the default
omap2plus_defconfig.  (note the EHCI fix is simply diabling it in the
defconfig.)

Kevin

[1] git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-omap-pm.git pm