Re: Bringing back gptimer_wakeup

On 06/19/2012 08:07 AM, Shilimkar, Santosh wrote:
On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Kevin Hilman<khilman@xxxxxx>  wrote:
Tasslehoff Kjappfot<tasskjapp@xxxxxxxxx>  writes:

The support for using a timer to wake from suspend was removed in:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=98e182a26bbbf5575457622337684ef61493e864

I found an alternative patch
(http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-omap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg47836.html)
that claimed to keep it working using GPTIMER1 instead, but I haven't
been able to make it work (likely because the timer code has changed a
good deal since the patch was posted).

Anyone got
a) a patch that enables this feature on newer kernels, or
b) an idea how the patch above can be made to work?

The branch below (based on v3.4) will work (at least on OMAP3)

We've been holding off on putting this back becasue the timer interface
has been going through some major cleanup/rework, but I would like to
see this make it back in soonish.

I got an off-list message from Tasslehoff, that the patch I sent worked for him.

Regards
Santosh

Ah, that was meant to be an on-list message. Santosh' fix worked well on my 3.2.18 kernel.

- Tasslehoff