Re: Broken builds

On Mon, 2012-06-11 at 17:09 +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 12:58:00AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:

> > Tomi, please have your patches sitting in linux next for at least a
> > week before they get merged. That usually shakes down bugs like these
> > before the merge window.
>
> Note that tested simple bug fixes _should_ be upstreamed faster than
> that where possible - such as this one.
>
> I'm waiting for this to hit mainline before doing any further work on
> OMAP.  That basically means I've been totally ignoring OMAP because of
> this issue for the last week.

Okay. Perhaps I should have sent the patch directly to Linus, instead of
sending a pull request to fbdev maintainer. There's always a possibility
of delays with intermediate trees.

Then again, I don't see that it's such a big problem that I'd want to
skip the normal route for patches. Sure the bug is annoying, but one can
easily avoid the bug by just enabling CONFIG_DEBUG_FS and
CONFIG_OMAP2_DSS_DEBUG_SUPPORT.

I've now improved my testing process, and I hope things will go smoother
during the next merge window. Sorry about the mess.

 Tomi