Re: MFD USB host: prevents CORE retention in idle

Keshava, Felipe,

ping.  This problem is still preventing CORE retention in mainline.

On 05/24/2012 03:13 PM, Kevin Hilman wrote:
Kevin Hilman<khilman@xxxxxx>  writes:

"Munegowda, Keshava"<keshava_mgowda@xxxxxx>  writes:

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 5:55 AM, Kevin Hilman<khilman@xxxxxx>  wrote:
On 05/23/2012 05:01 PM, Kevin Hilman wrote:

Hi Keshava,

Using current l-o master, I noticed that CORE was not hitting retention
in idle on my 3530/Overo.  CORE hits retention on suspend just fine.

Debugging this, I found that usbtll_fck was still enabled during idle,
thus preventing CORE from hitting retention.

To test, I disabled USB host (CONFIG_MFD_OMAP_USB_HOST=n in .config) and
was then started seeing CORE hit retention in idle again.

I have nothing plugged into the USB host port on this board, so I
would've expected that runtime PM would've kicked in and shutdown this
clock.

Any ideas what's going on here?  Is this expected behavior?

If it helps, attached is a bootlog after enabling debug for
mfd/omap-usb-host.c as well.  Notice there's a couple of clock-related
warnings from this driver as well.  Not sure if they're relevant:

usbhs_omap: alias fck already exists
usbhs_omap usbhs_omap: xclk60mhsp2_ck set parentfailed error:-22

these clocks were specific to omap4 and it should not cause any
problem to omap3 boards.

OK, they seem unrelated to this CORE retention problem, but the warnings
should still be understood and fixed.

I will try to reproduce this on 3430 sdp to explore further.

Thanks for looking.  Note that I only saw this problem on my 3530
platforms (Overo, OMAP3EVM.)  My 3430/n900 doesn't support USBHS host
AFAICT, so didn't test there.

After realizing that the same IP should exist on 3430/n900, I copied
some board file support for USBHS host from overo into the n900 board
file in order to test on 3430/n900.

Problem exists on n900 too.

Kevin