Re: OMAP4 errata i740

On 3/30/2012 1:59 PM, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 16:50 +0530, Shilimkar, Santosh wrote:

Exactly. That's what I mean. You tweak sysconfig or clockdomain,
both are messy.

if one need to choose between two bad options, I guess sysconifig
one is better because that is local to IPs and there is some way today
for drivers to manage sysconfig directly.

If the driver touches sysconfig, isn't it possible that hwmod/something
just reverts the changes? I mean, sysconfig register is supposedly
"owned" by the arch code, and if the driver modifies it there could be a
race condition.

No because we had to expose API from hwmod core code to do that already because of various HW bugs.
So you will not access it directly but through the hwmod API.

The only issue is that these API are exposed today through pdata function pointers, and thus this is not usable in a DT case :-(

Regards,
Benoit