Re: is omap development at git tree on kernel.org

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012, Tony Lindgren wrote:

Yes that's the current URL. For most part all the code is in the
mainline kernel, and the linux-omap git tree is used for staging
the patches for every merge window. Right now the focus is getting
all the fixes into the -rc cycle, and over next few weeks we'll
get busy merging all the new code posted for the next merge window.

For stable versions, the latest stable mainline version is the
way to go, so that's v3.2.x right now. For development versions,
mainline v3.3-rc3 will contain the fixes you mentioned above.

Thanks for the info Tony,

Just to give you some background, I do my codec development on a "beagleboard like" system and use the for-next branch of ASoC for codec patches. I have noticed some issues with the latest OMAP port in this branch and have seem the emails lately from Russell...

I have seen these issues for a while and would be more than happy to inform the OMAP folks of problems with the latest dev branches, kind of like a regression tester for you. If I find something and can fix with a patch to email this list, what linux-omap branch should I base the patch off of?

Thanks,
Brian