Re: DSS2/PM on 3.2 broken?

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 14:11:16 -0800 Kevin Hilman <khilman@xxxxxx> wrote:

> NeilBrown <neilb@xxxxxxx> writes:

> [...]
>
> >> At least this part is expected.
> >>
> >> In the kernel you're using the UART clocks are enabled/disabled during
> >> the idle path depending on the low-power state being targetted, so would
> >> expect to see lots of UART clock gating going on.
> >
> > Even though uarts 1,2,4 aren't even in use?
>
> Yes.  Our UART idle management before v3.3 was, um... a disaster.
>
> > Maybe this is fixed in 3.3?
>
> As of v3.3, the UARTs are managed independently using runtime PM
> autosupend, so only UART that are in use should be coming on and back
> off again.
>
> However, as Paul has recently posted some UART fixes, you'll see that we
> have a few kinks to work out in the UART driver as well.

Good news ... I'll probably hold out until -rc2 before I start experimenting
with 3.3 much.

I think I understand why I was getting single-character corruption when
waking the UART while you just lost the character - I suspect you had
off_mode enabled.  That makes the difference for me.
Hopefully we can get rid of both the corruption and the character loss, but
I'll wait until I've tried 3.3 before I pursue that much more.

Thanks,
NeilBrown