Removing hwmod reset support for initiator IP blocks?

Hi,

so from talking with a few people, it sounds like we can't reset initiator
IP blocks cleanly at the integration layer.  As I understand the problem,
if the initiator is in the middle of an OCP transaction, the reset could
cause system instability, since the OCP transaction would never finish and
potentially time out.  I have also heard that some processor drivers
require some fine-grained reset control that can't be handled by the hwmod
code for some reason.

So this thread is for public discussion of the issue.  It would be good if
driver authors whose IP blocks may be affected by this could comment and
perhaps provide more details...

regards

- Paul