Re: musb crash on suspend

Cliff Brake <cliff.brake <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Cliff Brake <cliff.brake <at> gmail.com>
wrote:

> My kernel config is:
>
> CONFIG_USB_MUSB_HDRC=y
> # CONFIG_USB_MUSB_TUSB6010 is not set
> CONFIG_USB_MUSB_OMAP2PLUS=y
> # CONFIG_USB_MUSB_AM35X is not set
> # CONFIG_USB_MUSB_HOST is not set
> # CONFIG_USB_MUSB_PERIPHERAL is not set
> CONFIG_USB_MUSB_OTG=y
> CONFIG_USB_GADGET_MUSB_HDRC=y
> CONFIG_USB_MUSB_HDRC_HCD=y
> # CONFIG_MUSB_PIO_ONLY is not set
> CONFIG_USB_INVENTRA_DMA=y
>
> Its interesting that if I plug a host cable into the port, then it
> seems to suspend.  Its only when a host cable is not plugged in (ID
> pin is not grounded) that I get this crash.
>
> Cliff

Hi Cliff,

I have the same problem as you. Did you ever fix the problem? I don't think it
is working when you have the usb cable plugged in. You don't see the error
because it doesn't really go into suspend mode when the cable is plugged in. You
should see something like "core_domain failed to suspend error 1" when you
resume from suspend.

I found the error to be in musb_core.c, musb_save_context(), when executing this
line:

    musb->context.power = musb_readb(musb_base, MUSB_POWER);

I wonder if the memory is suspending before the USB can save the context.

Thanks.