Re: tidspbridge issue with omap_dm_timer_free

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Felipe Contreras
<felipe.contreras@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 9:42 PM, Felipe Contreras
> <felipe.contreras@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I am trying to use a more recent version of the tidspbridge code in
>> the Nokia N9, but I'm stuck with this warning that is caused by using
>> the dm timer framework.
>
> Actually, the problem only happens on the 'dspbridge' branch, which
> has some unmerged patches. These patches introduce some new mutexes
> that trigger this.

The only lock introduced is a spin_lock_bh which makes sense to warn
if the underlying functions have a mutex, but I couldn't find the
clk_set_parent mutex which is causing this on the omap files.

> My proposed solution is to request the dm timers at initialization
> time, and just enable/disable them on wake/hibernate, which is a bit
> similar to what was happening before, and probably more efficient and
> proper.

When I made these changes I wanted to avoid keeping an array with the
clocks requested and nobody else being able to use them (even if that
meant a conflict between two drivers trying to use the same clock, but
other warnings could help to point to such cases). Also I wanted to
maintain uniformity, not just requesting some clock, freeing them and
then some others to be held and freed only on module removal.

That said, I have no problem on changing to your approach if needed.

Regards,

Omar