Where to start

Hello all,

sorry for asking a 'basic' question on this list. If this is indeed the
wrong place (and even if it isn't!), please feel free to point me to a
better forum for arm/omap specific kernel discussions.

My questions are:
1. What is a good place to read up on how to write board files and
drivers for OMAP3/4 based boards? The documentation I have found is
scarce and often outdated.
2. A specific problem I have is with DSS/FB/LCD panel/the like. We have
an old board file for v2.6.32 TI PSP. Despite doing what appears to be
equivalent to what the old board file does, there is nothing shown on
the LCD (nor DVI, VGA, TV-out, ....). What could have changed between
TI's 2.6.32 and 3.0-omap that causes, for instance an LCD panel, to stay
blank in the latter but not in the former.

While an answer would be very appreciated, even better would be to get
hints on how to learn to figure out the answer to #2 by myself...
feeling that will be a handy skill... :-)

Thank you,

Arpad