Re: tidspbridge: problems executing sample apps

Hi Javier,

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:19 AM, javier Martin
<javier.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1- If I try prebuilt binaries (both for DSP side and userspace) I get
> an execution error:
> DSPNode_GetMessage failed: 0xffffffc2

In this case, sample application is working, however the failures on
get_message are unexpected, it seems this arose when the error codes
were changed and the precompiled binaries where not updated, I'll fix
this, thanks for the heads up.

> 3- If I compile both DSP side and MPU side samples it also gives an
> execution error:
> root@beagleboard:/dspbridge# ./ping.out
> DSP device detec[   64.484649] procwrap_detach: deprecated dspbridge ioctl
> ted !!
> DSPNode_Create failed: 0xffffffe3

> Do you know what combination of DSP bios, TI CGT and xdctools is most
> suitable for using with tidspbridge in kernel 2.6.39?

This is mentioned in the wiki: bios 5.33.04 and cgt tools 6.0.7
http://omapedia.org/wiki/DSPBridge_Project#Initial_environment_setup

This version of the bios already has the xdc tools bundled. BTW I
replied to your gforge query in case it gives any information:
http://bit.ly/laeJFD

I also applied your patch to fix copying the dsp binaries on the build
system, thanks!

Regards,

Omar