Re: context_loss_count error value

Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@xxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> I was fixing DSS context loss handling which is a bit broken, and while
> testing on OMAP3 Overo, with -rc7 and omap2plus_defconfig, I noticed
> that get_context_loss_count() seems to always return 0.
>
> 0 should be returned when an error happens, and as far as I see in
> pwrdm_get_context_loss_count(), no error is happening but the DSS
> context has just never been lost and the returned count is thus 0.
>
> Is this correct? And what happens when the count wraps and goes back to
> zero, does the function return 0 in that case?

Hmm, you're right.  zero is actually documented as the error return
value (even though it's not really checked.)

Since driver's should only every care about the *difference* in value
between two calls to context_loss_count(), this might not be a big deal,
but a proper fix is probably to have the state counters start at one.

Kevin