Re: Pandaboard boot problem

* Jean Pihet <jean.pihet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [110201 10:29]:
> Hi!
>
> I have a problem with a Pandaboard hanging a few seconds after the
> kernel boot, likely due to the watchdog firing.
> The kernel boots fine, mounts the root FS (initramfs) and the shell
> prompt works OK.
>
> Board details: Panda A1, OMAP4430 ES2
> Kernel details: l-o tree master, using the omap2plus_defconfig +
> initramfs. WDOG is enabled in the config.
>
> From some investigation I can see that PM runtime disables the wdog
> (omap_device_idle). Is that intented?
>
> Any thought?

Does it power down after few tens of seconds?

If so, I've seen this same issue few times after having my panda
powered off for a while, for example over the weekend.

What I've noticed is that leaving just u-boot prompt running
for a few minutes cures the problem somehow.. After that the
kernel will boot just fine.

Regards,

Tony