adb over USB for Gumstix Overo with TI rowboat kernel

Hi,
        I've adapted the android USB gadget patch from the TI rowboat kernel for the beagleboat to the Gumstix Overo (similar design). The kernel logs show that the android usb gadget driver got initialized correctly.

However, my host OS, Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit running inside a virtual machine (VMware Fusion 3.1.1) fails to detect the USB device and register with the VMware's list of connected devices (e.g. USB memory sticks, Memory Card Reader, Camera, etc).

The serial debug console gets registered just fine (which uses an FTD RS232 to USB serial converter).

Are there some additional fields or tags I need to specify in the USB structure apart from vendor name, vendor id etc?

I added the udev rules for Ubuntu, but I think its of no use unless the VMware machine first recognizes the USB device and then passes on the connection info to the Ubuntu, running inside the virtual machine.

Elvis Dowson