Re: DSP Bridge video decode of above VGA videos

James,

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:12 AM, James Adams <james.r.adams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Rene,
>
> We have got the watchdog timer enabled at the moment (interval 5 seconds).
> The code does indeed point to the line as you say.
> I tried using dump_stack and it was getting triggered by an interrupt
> calling handle_hibernation_fromDSP which then called functions
> eventually triggering the SYNC_entercs (via DEV_getfirst if I remember
> right)
> I certainly don't understand why this should happen, but it seems to
> happen quite a lot (probably every 5 seconds...) and the lower
> resolution videos didn't seem to mind so I have been ignoring it.

Looking at the drivers/dsp/bridge/wmd/tiomap3430_pwr.c file tagged
with L25.12 release at [1]  I don't see feasible the path to have
handle_hibernation_fromDSP() to get to SYNC_entercs(), so probably you
have a newer or older version of the file.

Basically what i was looking with those assertions is to see if those
could be because of  a DSP WDT overflow. Also those assertions can
fail because of the calling of IO_DispatchMsg by io_dpc(), if that's
the case there should not be a problem. On the other hand if there is
a WDT overflow those assertions could also fail.

Can you double check by printing the call stack again when the
assertion fails, just to see why for your case
handle_hibernation_fromDSP() is failing in the assertion?

> Is it a bad idea to use WDT?

No,  it is ok  to use it.

Regards,
Rene Sapiens