Re: BeagleBoard not resuming from uart with latest pm-core ?

Hello,

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 14:59:30 -0800
Kevin Hilman <khilman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hmm, using pm-core, I can hit full-chip retention in suspend on my
> Beagle C4.
>
> However, upgrading to a recent x-loader and u-boot, I can reproduce
> the problem.

Ok, as you told me on IRC yesterday.

> The problem is an old one that seems to have resurfaced.  Namely,
> u-boot leaves the MUSB block in a state that prevents it from idling,
> and thus prevents CORE from hitting RET.
>
> I have a series of hacks for this in the PM branch (see my
> pm-otg-reset branch) that fixes the problem, but is not clean.  This
> will work until the omap_hwmod conversion for MUSB is done.   One of
> the perks we get from omap_hwmod is that a reset is done for each
> hwmod ensuring that any (mis)configuration of the bootloader is
> cleared and the HW is in a known default state.

Ah, that's nice indeed. Are the hwmod conversion patches of musb
already available somewhere (even preliminary versions) ?

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com