Re: Issue observed with pm_runtime_put_sync

"G, Manjunath Kondaiah" <manjugk@xxxxxx> writes:

> [...]

Either you do the use counting in the DMA layer, or you just let the
runtime PM layer do the use counting.  Either way, only when usecount
transitions to/from zero will the actual omap_device API be invoked,
so I prefer to just let runtime PM do the usecounting.

In fact, the runtime PM API also provides useful statistics as well as
sysfs controls for either preventing a device from going idle, or
bringing it out of idle.

If you continue to use the runtime PM API, you will have these
statistics and controls per-channel, which is probably rather useful.
In fact, recent versions of powertop will even report stats from runtime
PM, so beinga able to see per-channel DMA stats could be quite useful.

Kevin