Re: dspbridge and the omapl1x

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 8:28 PM, Hari Kanigeri <hari.kanigeri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Also I believe that the new Contiguous Memory Allocation (CMA)
>> framework was developed specifically for systems that need to allocate
>> physically contiguous memory because they don't have an MMU. What
(edit) "... because they don't have an _IO_MMU."

>> would say to avoiding the IOMMU requirement and keeping DMM by using
>> physically contiguous dynamically allocated memory regions like those
>> provided by the new CMA [2]?
>>

> Just curious as how CMA is different from Android's pmem.

I'm not really sure, but based on the discussion in one of the pmem
patches proposed on lkml [1] they seem to provide similar
functionality.

Perhaps the difference is that pmem has made it to staging whereas CMA
is only a proposed feature so far?

Best Regards,
Ben Gardiner

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/47513/