Re: SDMA, V4L2, and videobuf-dma-sg

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Adam Wozniak <awozniak@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working with an OMAP3530 based custom board.  The board has 4 cameras
> attached to it,

<snip>

> The problem I'm running into (I think) is that omap34xxcam.c uses
> videobuf-dma-sg to do its allocation and the videobuf_buffer I get is using
> a scatterlist, and the pages in the scatterlist are noncontiguous.  In other
> words, if I use videobuf_to_dma(vb), the videobuf_dmabuf I get back has a
> vmalloc of null and a bus_addr of null; only the scatterlist and pages
> fields have valid values.  There's no contiguous memory pointer I can grab
> onto there.
>
> How do I get a pointer suitable for SDMA?  Will anything map this
> scatterlist so it looks contiguous for SDMA?

Hi Adam,
Not sure if it will help you, but I use this trick, also on a 3530, to
get a contiguous block of memory by setting "mem=" in the bootloader :
http://elinux.org/Memory_Management#Reserving_.28and_accessing.29_the_top_of_memory_on_startup

, then I use ioremap() in my driver and open("/dev/mem") in userspace
to point to the same memory.

,
John