Re: Omap3 omap3_clk_lock_dpll5() problem

2010/7/16 Gadiyar, Anand <gadiyar@xxxxxx>:
> Arno Steffen wrote:
>>
>> I do have some messages while booting a 2.6.33 kernel:
>>
>> What does this mean? How can I get rid of it?
>> What is omap3_clk_lock_dpll5()  doing and what if I comment it out? I
>> guess it make some sense ;)
>>

> Not sure why you have this issue - I'll have to dig a bit, or maybe other
> people can comment. But I can tell  you what this function is for.
>
> DPLL5 is used to supply a 120 MHz clock to the USBTLL and the USBHOST
> modules. You need this if you are going to use the OMAP's EHCI controller
> on your board.
>
> 120 MHz is the recommended frequency for this DPLL and it is not
> recommended to use any other frequency for normal usage. Hence
> We lock the DPLL to this frequency at bootup, so that later the
> driver can simply do a clk_enable() on the clock it needs and they
> will be at this frequency.
>
> - Anand

Thanks Anand,
I don't have any USB working on the board.
If this only for this USB - is it save to comment that out?

I do have some trouble with mounting my flash partition. Sometimes I
get "uncorrectable errors" (issued by nand_ecc.c) which are disappear
in the next boot. The flash is mounted ro, so it should always have
the same content.
And now I dig around - as I am not sure whether I do have a Flash or a
RAM problem or a configuration issue