Re: Trying to understand how to use new OMAP mux code

Le 02.06.2010 13:46, Jarkko Nikula a écrit :
On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 14:21:30 +0300
Tony Lindgren<tony@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

How can I call  omap_mux_init_signal()
from external driver compiled as module ?

cause the function is not in the standard path include files
and is not exported

You can't that's the whole idea :)

Instead, please do the muxing in the board-*.c file for all the
pins, or for the device when you initialize the platform data.

The muxing of pins is board specific, and doing it in the board-*.c
files allows us to free the memory for the unused pin data. Note
that you can also mux using the kernel cmdline if you have something
non-standard connected to your board pins.

Side note.

How about add-on cards for e.g. BeagleBoard? It would be nice feature
if a kernel module for that particular add-on card can do the muxing
without needing to specify them on cmdline. I.e. if you are switching
between cards there is no need to figure out new cmdline for each of
them. For me even "rootwait" is sometimes too difficult to remember :-)

The thing is

We make Computer-On-Modules

http://www.cioinfoindus.fr/fr/produits/computer-on-module-maia.html

and we make the support board for them according to the extra functionalites required
eg: for some boards we need i2c2 and for others we need gpio (168,183)

I would like one basic configuration for the modules with (twl,net,flash,.. all on the COM's)
and for the rest, external driver for extra functionalities on the support board.

This is why I need to change the mux pins dynamically by the driver module.

--

Salutations
Laurent Epinat -> mailto:laurent.epinat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CIO Informatique