Physical NAND corruption due to extended use

Hi,
       I've got android-2.6.29 kernel and android-1.5r3 SDK version running on a gumstix Overo Earth (TI OMAP 3503), and I'm using the platform to implement a data logging application.

The partition has been configured as read-write /dev/mtd4, with a merged rootfs and system folder. There are no separate /userdata and /cache partitions, all the rootfs, system, userdata and cache folders are on the /dev/mtd4 partition in rw mode.

Now after 3 days of extended use and continuous writing, we suspect a potential corruption of the NAND device (a micron 256MB FLASH, 256MB RAM POP module). Has anyone else found micron NAND devices to get corrupted due to extended use?

What options should I consider if I want to run my application from NAND and write data to the on-board NAND, and run the application reliably without corrupting the NAND device for at least 5 years? I am using the YAFFS2 filesystem.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson