RE: USB video capture shuts up

>> working
>> time.

>> > <snip usbmon dump>

>> kernels
>> module, and

>> > Which processor and which board are you running this on? What is the
>> > transceiver you are using? (We had issues due to inadequate
>> capacitance
>> > on some power rails, and poor board design). This could be one source
>> > of your problem.
>> >
>> > Then again, you might be hitting an OMAP errata.
>> >
>> > Are you able to use the device after you load the EHCI module again?
>> >

>> I am using gumstix overo air board.
>>
>> I am using a hub attached to the overo, and the capturer
>> attached to the device.
>>
>> Once I reload the ehci-hcd module, I have to replug either the usb hub
>> or
>> the capturer so that it is detected again by ehci.
>> I mean, when I reload the ehci-hcd module the root hub is detected, but
>> not the devices attached to it.
>>

> What happens if you have the video capture device and another USB device
> (a flash drive maybe) connected to the external hub? Does the other
> device
> also stop working when the video capture device fails?
>
> - Anand

The USB flash drive connected to the hub stops working once the capturer
failed. I also get this error several times, until it gives up:

hub 1-2:1.0: Cannot enable port 2.  Maybe the USB cable is bad?
hub 1-2:1.0: cannot disable port 2 (err = -110)
hub 1-2:1.0: cannot reset port 2 (err = -110)
hub 1-2:1.0: hub_port_status failed (err = -110)