Upstream linux-omap kernel on Nokia N900?

Hi,

Nokia N900 is shipped to users with a 2.6.28 omap kernel. Many patches
for the hardware and various features have been pushed upstream by Nokia
developers and possibly others. Those are now available in current l-o
tree.

Nonetheless, many drivers and various features are still missing
upstream. Simply put, one cannot expect to run a current l-o kernel on
the device (and expect to get a GUI and/or make call with the device).

To get an idea of what it would take to achieve that, I started looking
at what is missing upstream, what is already there and what is currently
being pushed. I started putting some notes on this triage work and a set
of patches here:

  http://natisbad.org/N900/n900-current-linux-omap-kernel.html

If some among you are interested and/or have comments on the topic, they
are welcome. Among other things, I am worried about the OMAP 3430 GPU
code: if some people from TI can provide some advice on that aspect,
that would be great!

Cheers,

a+