Re: OMAP3 Slave McSPI driver

----- Original Message ----- From: "Talis, Gilles" <g-talis@xxxxxx>
To: <linux-omap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 3:06 PM
Subject: OMAP3 Slave McSPI driver

Hi,

My customer is using Android 2.6.29 kernel from OMAPZOOM and is looking for support for slave mode on the SPI driver. I saw there were patches for this feature sent to this list, but I was wondering if those patches were tested on 2.6.29.

These patches have not been specifically tested on 29 kernel, but you could give it a shot. Pl also look at the latest patches (V2) posted.

I am also looking for some kind of API usage guidelines. How to setup the slave mode and how is OMAP notified that data have been received from external master device? My customer plans to use this driver in interrupt mode (no DMA needed).

To set any mcspi controller to slave mode, you need to modify arch/arm/mach-omap2/devices.c file and set mode to OMAP2_MCSPI_SLAVE.

Typically gpio is used by master to notify the slave that it is ready to transfer data. On gpio interrupt slave client could issue spi_read/spi_write commands.

Two modes are supported i.e PIO and DMA. Any specific reason not to use DMA mode.

Thanks
Hemanth

Thanks
Gilels.

Texas Instruments France SA, 821 Avenue Jack Kilby, 06270 Villeneuve Loubet. 036 420 040 R.C.S Antibes. Capital de EUR 753.920