Re: problem with n810 boot up

On Thursday 07 January 2010, Francisco Alecrim wrote:
> Hi/Olá Balbi, :)
>
> Felipe Balbi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 06:11:10PM -0400, Francisco Alecrim wrote:
> >> Thanks! Now it goes to rootfs and continue the boot, but device
> >> power-off after 10-20 seconds. There is no error message to help. :(
> >
> > watchdog ?
> >
> > how about disabling watchdog with flasher ??
>
> I'm using the flags (no-omap-wd,no-retu-wd,no-lifeguard-reset)
> recommended by Kalle[1]. This's not the problem. :(

If I read these recommendations correctly, they tell to *clear* these R&D
flags. So probably it's better not to have them enabled.

Moreover, based on the following post, watchdog is hardwired and just can't be
disabled by any software methods:
http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2007-June/010650.html

Your powerdown problem is exactly caused by a watchdog. Earlier a solution was
to have a script which would kick watchdog periodically. But right now it is
kicked automatically in the kernel if CONFIG_CBUS_RETU_WDT option is enabled.
You also need to enable CONFIG_WATCHDOG, CONFIG_CBUS and probably some other
stuff.

This all also means that CBUS is critical for correct N8x0 operation and these
devices simply can't work without it at all.

Hope this information helps.

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka