RE: Anyone using an ISP1505?

Bill
 There is a basic confusion whether you are using MUSB OTG core of omap
Or are you using EHCI core of omap.

Both can be connected to a ULPI PHY and so you need to be very precise?

>I do have the XTAL input tied to SYS_CLK1/GPIO_10, and I've verified
>that I'm sending out a 19.2MHz clock signal on that pin.  That seems to
>be what the ISP1505ABS chip needs.  I start that clock in my board setup
>code.
>
>I just re-re-re-read the ISP1505 datasheet, and noticed this remark:
>
>    "Remark: When CLOCK starts toggling after power-up, the USB link
>    must issue a reset command over the ULPI bus to ensure correct
>    operation of the ISP1505".
>

>I see in drivers/usb/host/ehci-omap.c where the TLL is reset, but I
>can't find any code that sends a ULPI reset command out over the link.
>Or am I missing something?
>
>I also see drivers/usb/otg/ulpi.c which claims to support the ISP1504,
>which is a very similar chip to the ISP1505.  But it also lacks any
>mention of a ULPI reset-type command.

ULPI reset is implemented in hardware. No s/w intervention is required for this feature.
As soon as 60Mhz clock starts, and iclocks are enabled to the USB core of omap, the ULPI reset goes on the ULPI bus.

No surprise you are not finding this code, as there is none.