Re: looking for presence of PMN interrupt in OMAP3530

* Gabi Voiculescu <boy3dfx2@xxxxxxxxx> [091027 13:24]:
> Hello.
>
> I am working on porting a piece of code that makes use of irq on top of the performance counters (PMN) present in the OMAP3530's
> Cortex A8 MPU.
>
> This code is ported from an armv6 platform (arm1176 cpu). On the original platform (pb1176) the interrupt number into the IC was known from the
> documentation (39).
>
> I am unable to find the interrupt number for the performance counters and can not believe the TI people left the line unconnected to the GIC when they build the OMAP3530.
>
> I have searched in the TI documentation: Interrupt table (starting on page 1074 in http://focus.ti.com/lit/ug/spruff6b/spruff6b.pdf ) for a suitable entry but did not find it.
>
> I have tried to program a counter overflow and unmask the first 4 IRQs in
> the MPU in the hope that one of these is the PMU irq, again without
> success.

> Did anybody get into this documentation problem?
>
> Did he find a fix for it?
>
> Is there a PMN interrupt in the OMAP3530 IC Interrupt table?

Please take a look at arch/arm/oprofile/op_model_v7.c.
Also search the mailing lists regarding the Cortex bug
on the performance counter interrupt, basically the
interrupt stops happening after some usage.

Regards,

Tony