Re: [ANNOUNCE] updated dspbridge on linux-omap

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009, Ramirez Luna, Omar wrote:

> Also, DVFS Bridge feature won't compile if rebasing onto PM branch
> because it is missing clk notifier functions.

This should not break compilation.  The DSPBridge code must use
platform_data function pointers to call clock notifier functions.

Also, on a related note, I see that EXPORT_SYMBOL() entries have been
added for many OPP-related functions in plat-omap/omap-pm-*.c.  This is
not the right way to do it.  These also should be called via platform_data
function pointers.

Then your code will compile no matter whether the OMAP clock notifier or
OMAP PM patches are present or not.  The point here is to keep the device
drivers completely separate from architecture-level code, so you could,
for example, use DSPBridge on a DaVinci platform.

I will post a patch to remove the EXPORT_SYMBOL() entries from the OMAP PM
code.

- Paul