Re: [RFC} arm architecture board/feature deprecation timeline

Hello Arnd,

Am Wed, Jul 31, 2024 at 07:29:29PM +0200 schrieb Arnd Bergmann:
> === ARMv5 ===
>
> About one third of all supported platforms use ARMv5,
> but most of these are near their end of support. Notably
> there are still new SAM9 variants from Microchip that are
> meant as backward-compatible replacements for their
> older variants.
>
> Debian still supports these, but the lack of FPU and
> atomics makes this harder, so I expect this to become
> an unofficial port in the future.

FWIW, these are not only replacements, but actually new boards are
designed with SAM9X60 for example.

Not all have .dts files in mainline kernel, though.  Would that
improve or change things with regard to long term platform support, if
the .dts files were upstream?

Greets
Alex