Re: ehci-omap unresponsive when used with external hub

On Tue, 12 Dec 2023 08:58:31 -0600
Adam Ford <aford173@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have been troubleshooting an issue with USB which appears to happen
> with  AM3517, OMAP3530,  and DM3730 in which the USB doesn't detect
> removal or connection of USB devices and interrupts stop occurring.
>
> In every case, I have the OMAP3 EHCI connected to a USB3220
> transceiver which is treated as configured in the device tree as
> usb-nop-xceiv with reset-gpios configured to enable it.

Also issues on GTA04 (DM3730):
The modem is behind it. There is an errata for that
combination.
Somehow reset/turning off does not work really. On GTA04
we have issues with current consumption during suspend.
including scenarios where there is a mismatch between state
of phy and what the omap side the state is.

What we do:
enable off-mode and force-reset of both sides.

and have this hack to solve at least the suspend issues:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-omap/20180216171414.8097-1-andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxx/

Regards,
Andreas