Re: PM: UART not resuming from OFF mode

ext Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-omap-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-omap-
owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kevin Hilman
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2009 11:21 AM
To: Roger Quadros
Cc: linux-omap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: PM: UART not resuming from OFF mode

Roger Quadros <ext-roger.quadros@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

 I'm facing this strange problem since some days. I have 3 identical
boards using OMAP3430 ES3.1 and I'm using Kevin's PM
tree. http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-omap-
pm.git;a=shortlog;h=pm
The problem is that UART3 fails to operate correctly after OFF mode on
_two_ of the boards but works on one. It seems to receive characters
but 0 only. So characters do not show up on terminal.

Is anybody experiencing similar problems with UART and off mode on your
boards?

Is this after suspend-to-OFF or OFF-while-idle?

I've experienced this with UART1 on SDP ES3.0, but according to
Rajendra it didn't happen on SDP ES3.1 (I don't currently have any
ES3.1 hardware) :(

Are all of yours ES3.1 ?

Could it be related to board encryption type (GP, EMU, HS)?

The boards on which it is passing and failing are ES3.1 HS.

I'm not an expert on the topic, but I'm just throwing possible variants...

Regards,
Sergio
I haven't tracked it further since I only saw it on my SDP with UART1
and not on any other board.

Kevin