RE: Exception while handling MEM Hole on OMAP3 / ARM Cortex A8

Hi Richard,

This shows as deprecated,

# Discontigmem is deprecated
config ARCH_DISCONTIGMEM_ENABLE

I tried this today, enabling this for ARCH_OMAP results in compilation error

In file included from arch/arm/kernel/asm-offsets.c:14:
include/linux/mm.h: In function 'virt_to_head_page':
include/linux/mm.h:310: error: implicit declaration of function 'KVADDR_TO_NID'
include/linux/mm.h:310: error: implicit declaration of function 'LOCAL_MAP_NR'

This is because NODE_MEM_SIZE_BITS is not enabled, I didn't get a proper value just tried copying others with 24 and 26, - THIS Just didn't boot to prompt.

Should we fix this up? -or leave it out as it is getting deprecated ?

Thanks for the input.

Regards,
Khasim