Re: twl: not initialized and twl6030_uv_to_vsel problems

Hi,

as am taming the Epson Moverio BT-200 containing
an omap 4660, I came across that this issue. The kernel hangs somewhere
after this, I am still debugging.

What is the impact of all this? Just not working cpufreq modifications?

On Mon, 30 Dec 2019 09:40:10 -0800
Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> * deffo@xxxxxx <deffo@xxxxxx> [191213 10:42]:
> > Thanks for the link Adam, I fixed this on my local branch.

so, it did not went into mainline kernel? Can/did you
publish the fix?

> > Concerning the
> >
> > [    2.318054] twl: not initialized

seen this also

> > error, this is due to the fact, that the twl itself is probed later:
> >
> > [    3.042114] twl_probe() called

and the kernel hangs before that (probably still some other problem, still investigating)

> > So it cannot be available at this point. Might be a fundamental problem in the chronological order of init calls?
>
> Hmm maybe the related omap_*_initcall() needs to use *_initcall_sync()?

so there is no fix yet?

Regards
Andreas