Re: MMC3 Overo

Kevin Hilman wrote:

        AB1_35XXCBB_MMC3_CLK
        AF10_35XXCBB_MMC3_CLK
        R9_35XXCBC_MMC3_CLK
        AB2_35XXCBC_MMC3_CLK
        AC1_35XXCUS_MMC3_CLK
 We would then have to update mux.c making sure the position matches
 and add the proper settings.

 So this is obviously a maintenance nightmare.

So why don't we drop the ball (pun intended.) ;)

This is what I proposed to Phillip Ballister for his SPI changes for Beagle.

Though I haven't looked at the details for each package, I have a hard
time imagining that the reg offsets and functionality for each package
is different.  In fact, I'm pretty sure they're even the same between
34xx and 35xx.

IOW, why not just name it OMAP3_MMC3_CLK and have a single entry.

Then each board file that cares simply has to call omap_cfg_reg() on
that name and not care about the package.

even for 1 package, how will you know whether OMAP3_MMC3_CLK is connected
to ball AB1 or AF10 as both is possible...