Re: Linux Plumbers Conference 2009: V4L2 API discussions

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Hans Verkuil<hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> During this years Plumbers Conference I will be organizing a session (or
> possibly more than one) on what sort of new V4L2 APIs are needed to
> support the new SoC devices. These new APIs should also solve the problem
> of how to find all the related alsa/fb/ir/dvb devices that a typical video
> device might create.
>
> A proposal was made about a year ago (note that this is a bit outdated
> by now, but the basics are still valid):
>
> http://www.archivum.info/video4linux-list%40redhat.com/2008-07/msg00371.html
>
> In the past year the v4l2 core has evolved enough so that we can finally
> start thinking about this for real.
>
> I would like to know who will be attending this conference. I also urge
> anyone who is working in this area and who wants to have a say in this to
> attend the conference. The goal is to prepare a new RFC with a detailed
> proposal on the new APIs that are needed to fully support all the new
> SoCs. So the more input we get, the better the end-result will be.
>
> Early-bird registration is still possible up to August 5th (that's
> tomorrow :-) ).
>
> Regards,
>
>        Hans
>
> --

I've been hardly trying to attend the conference but I'm afraid not
gonna make it.
But going to try to arrange the characteristics of the H/W I'm working
on in a brief document and also expected new V4P2 APIs. I'll let you
know when I finish my documentation.
I know this is a good chance to discuss about where the video4linux
for SoC platforms to go and I'm desperately looking forward to
participate. but my business trip depends on the approval of my boss.
Thus I'm very disappointed that I can't make it.
Cheers,

Nate

--
=