Fwd: MMC3 Overo

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 6:37 AM, Elvis Dowson<elvis.dowson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi John,
>                 What does MMC3 on the Overo connect to?
MMC3 connects to one of the 70 pin bottom connectors.  The datasheet
states that MMC3 has no PBIAS circuit so you have to interface it with
1.8V logic.  I used a TXS0108 from TI as a level translator.
Datasheet states "The TXS0108E device is a semi-buffered
auto-direction-sensing voltage translator design is optimized for
translation applications (e.g. MMC Card Interfaces) that require the
system to start out in a low-speed open-drain mode and then switch to
a higher speed push-pull mode." So no need for transceiver control
with this IC.

> I am trying to get pm working on the overo, and I have a recipe for the
> overo for v.2.6.29 (which still has some issues with mmc1) and I have
> v2.6.31 latest kernel update recipe for overo that has both DSS2 and PM
> integrated.

Have you tested the USB host with 2.6.31 recipe yet?
Definitely would like the recipe for the v2.6.31. I have tested DSS2
on 2.6.30-rc8 and either I have a user error(most likely) or it wasn't
working.
I attempted to backport PM but as my main concern was for MMC. I
stopped after realizing it wasn't absolutely necessary to get the new
mmc patches to compile.

> I can share it with you if you like.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Elvis