Re: OMAP4460 cpufreq crashes

Hi,

Am 07.05.21 um 07:47 schrieb Tony Lindgren:
> Hmm OK, sounds like the voltages might be wrong.

sounds like my guess wasn't that wrong.

> I don't have one of these boards, but would be glad to add one to my rack
> though if it can boot with NFSroot. If somebody happens to have a spare
> evaluation kit around in the corner to send me, please let me know :)

I have only one currently but I'll keep it in mind any my eyes open.

> The experimental patch below makes the warnings go away, but I'm not sure if
> it's the right fix. Maybe give it a try and see if at least the warnings go away?

The range warnings go away on the 4460 as well. The warning 'twl: not
initialized' of course is still there. Still need add the patch for it again and
test.

Another effect I have noticed is that the system seems to be a little bit more
'stable' now. Which means it does get a little bit further before crashing. I
even managed to get to the login prompt one time...

>> There is a little patch around that changes the initialisation order which makes
>> this messages go away but does not fix the odd behaviour. So maybe this is just
>> a cosmetic issue and the actual problem is somewhere else.
>
> Sorry I recall some discussion on the twl init problems, but don't remember the
> details. Do you have some link for the patch and discussion?

Here it is:
https://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=156462292406719&w=2

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: +49(0) 271-338857-15

kernel concepts GmbH
Hauptstraße 16
57074 Siegen
Deutschland