get_irq_regs() from soft IRQ

Hi,

I am trying to get the latest IRQ registers from a timer or a work queue but I
am running into problems:
- get_irq_regs() returns NULL in some cases, so it is unsuable and even causes
crash when trying to get the registers values from the returned ptr
- I never get user space registers, only kernel

The use case is that the performance unit (PMNC) of the Cortex A8 has some
serious bug, in short the performance counters overflow IRQ is to be avoided.
The solution I am implementing is to read and reset the counters from a work
queue that is triggered by a timer.

Some questions:
- is there a way to get the last 'real' IRQ registers from a timer or work
queue handler?
- is there some other way to do it?

Any thoughts?

Thanks & regards,