Re: omapdrm: dsi panels

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 09:27:52AM +0200, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> > Am 10.10.2019 um 09:16 schrieb Laurent Pinchart <laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> >> Ok, fine. I just wonder if a new driver for omapdrm/displays can then
> >> be accepted for upstreaming or how long we should have to wait.
> >
> > I would prefer avoiding new drivers in omapdrm/displays. If you could
> > collaborate with Sebastian that would be best :-)
>
> if you have a patch series to share, I could base my driver on it for
> testing.

This is my WIP development branch for converting the panel-dsi-cm
driver into a drm_panel. The driver still is in omapdrm/displays in
the branch, but it is free of any omapdrm specific things and can
trivially be moved to drm/panels.

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sre/linux-n900.git/log/?h=omapdrm-5.4-dsi-dev

The branch is working on Droid 4, but panel unblanking after a blank
results in a kernel crash. Also system shutdown results in a kernel
crash. I plan to send out the series once I fixed these issues.

-- Sebastian