Re: Lay common foundation to make PVR/SGX work without hacks on OMAP34xx, OMAP36xx, AM335x and potentially OMAP4, OMAP5

* Philipp Rossak <embed3d@xxxxxxxxx> [190213 20:25]:

> On 13.02.19 15:46, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > * H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [190213 05:56]:
> > >
> > > The question is if it is easy or possible to stack the 3d code
> > > on top of that.
> >
> > Yeah OK sounds like the 2d and 3d parts are separate and need
> > a sgx core driver for the shared resources.
>
> From reverse engineering I know that those are two separate HW-Cores but
> that are not on all available. On some SGX version this is done by the 3d
> core.

OK thanks. Hmm so is there some easy way to compare your docs of
sgx registers against what we have already in mainline kernel file
for drivers/gpu/drm/gma500/psb_reg.h?

Regards,

Tony