Re: I2C writes with interrupts disabled

> Dealing with the new API sounds pretty cumbersome, as this would mean that
> we need to change everything from the MFD / regmap level down to the i2c
> platform drivers (the poweroff handler uses regmap to write to the PMIC.) I

Yes, that's the problem. That's where letting the I2C core decide will
save some hazzle. Some kind of whitelist for such transfer would be
nice, though, to still find buggy drivers. I haven't looked into that
yet if there is some information we can use (instead of passing yet
another flag around).

> guess we could use a shortcut from the poweroff handler to write directly to
> the i2c bus though.

It is not all about poweroff / reset. IIRC someone needed the irqless
transfer very early, too.

My personal use case would be "reset", too. There are some R-Car Gen2
boards which we need to reset via PMIC because of HW issues.