Re: [RESOLVED] Please help creating gpio-switch on ams-delta

Janusz Krzysztofik napisał(a):
I have tried two methods: gpio-switch and gpio-keys. gpio-switch device is able to report the switch initial state correctly, gpio-keys device just initializes without errors. However, for both methods, after first switch change, the system stops responding, giving no error messages.

The code of goip-switch initialization sequence together with my platform device definition (attached) does not look any different to me than those for keyboard or modem (patches available from http://the.earth.li/pub/e3/2.6.19/), that both also use GPIO interrupts and do work for me.

Hi,

I have found that one of the patches, keyboard or modem, from http://the.earth.li/pub/e3/2.6.19, break gpio interrupt handling (as Jonathan McDowell said*, he found it conflicted with the FIQ keyboard patch). Without them, both gpio-switch and gpio-keys versions of a platform device for ams-delta hook switch do work for me. I can try to provide patches against omap git tree if there is any interest.

Thanks,
Janusz

* http://www.earth.li/pipermail/e3-hacking/2009-May/000868.html