Re: MUSB Datasheet for OMAP3630

* Adam Ford <aford173@xxxxxxxxx> [170306 05:45]:
> The MUSB controller in the OMAP3630 is under license.  I tried to ask our
> TI rep how to get the data sheet, but I never got an answer.  Does anyone
> know if the data sheet for the MUSB controller is published anywhere?
> Maybe a contact person at Mentor Graphics?

I don't think there ever was a public one and I've never saw much
any usable documentation for it anyways. The things to know if you
need to fix something in the driver are:

1. The devctl register has different bits depending if musb is in
   peripheral or host mode. These are documented in the driver.

2. The hardware will try to do things on it's own to change it's
   state as an otg controller and there's no way to stop that.

3. In host mode, if the VBUS source does not come up fast enough
   musb will try to change state and won't stay in host mode.

4. The mainline Linux driver is missing dma handling for mode1
   dma that would make mass storage faster. The old Nokia kernel
   tree has that implemented.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,

Tony