Re: omap5-uevm sdcard supply woes

Am Fri, 3 Mar 2017 08:19:58 -0800 hat Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx>
geschrieben:

> > Interesting find.
> > Could that have something to do with the weird hangs while booting?
> > Depending on the power usage of the SD Card, it could be that the SD
> > Card you're booting from simply freezes because it doesn't get
> > enough power... so instability might be caused by that.
> > Is that something we need to fix with software or does the hardware
> > need to be changed as well.
> Are you seeing hangs during boot on omap5-uevm also or just on
> pyra?

Right now, Matthijs is mostly the one working on the current-gen Pyra
and we haven't tested it extensively before shipping it to him.
So the instability could be a faulty hardware.
I'll ship out more prototype units next week (also a new one to
Matthijs), so maybe it's just that.

However, we have some weird behaviour with reboots and resets where
some settings are being remembered, some aren't, etc., and we're
currently investigating that.

I don't think the EVM has these issues, but we're using different
hardware for the power supply and a different DT-file, so it can't
really be compared.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Mrozek