Re: McBSP in Multi Channel mode

Hello,

On Thursday 07 May 2009 21:18:34 ext Fernando Governatore wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to kernel development and so I'm a bit confused on how to do
> things here. I need to use the McBSP with Multi-Channel enabled and
> using DMA to transfer the data.
>
> The data will be PCM sound and I will have 4 cards attached to this
> McBSP. I'm using OMAP35xx.
>
> From what I've seen, I have to change the files:
>  - arch/arm/plat-omap/mcbsp.c
>  - arch/arm/mach-omap2/mcbsp.c
> to support multi channel. Is that it? or I would need more changes?
>
> Is there something that I would need to change in DMA implementation?
> Do you know where I can get an example or documentation?

Take a look at the sound-2.6 tree's topic/asoc branch:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=topic/asoc

The omap3beagle has support for 4 channel audio playback (combination of
McBSP+TWL4030 codec).
Files that could be interesting for you:
sound/soc/omap/omap3beagle.c
sound/soc/omap/omap-mcbsp.c
sound/soc/codecs/twl4030.c

--