Re: 4.8 crash on BeagleBone

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 7:07 AM, Kishon Vijay Abraham I <kishon@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,

>>> I gave a quick try with my Beaglebone black and it boots fine
>>> http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/23070182/.
>>
>> Hmm, the mmc is modular, u-boot 2016.09rc1 if either of those might
>> make any difference, seems to happen when just after switchroot
>> systemd writes out the journal.
>
> Now I tried making mmc as module but still I don't observe the issue. Do you
> see this issue occasionally or every time? Can you share your .config?

Every time, it works fine on 4.7 with little change to the config so
it's a regression for the current cycle. Sandisk ultra class-10 UHS-i
card if that makes a difference.

.config here, it's the standard multiplatform one we use on Fedora.

https://paste.fedoraproject.org/412407/71856689

Looking at the PR for mmc it looks like there was some changes to core
so I'll see if I can dig out some different cards to see if that
affects it and try and see if the problem occurs on other devices.

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-mmc/msg38353.html

Peter