Re: random + 8250-omap + edma: dma_ccerr_handler "did not care"

On 05/19/16 14:02, Matthijs van Duin wrote:
> On 19 May 2016 at 12:19, Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> Can you try to apply this patch:
>> https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/5/10/315
>
> I'd been wondering about that, but it seemed silly to me. EVAL (more
> typically known as EOI) is needed for cores that are hooked up to the
> pulse-outputs from EDMA, e.g. the C674x DSP on the DM814x, to avoid
> race conditions. Requiring it to be used to reset some invisible latch
> placed behind a level output would make absolutely no sense...
>
> ... and yet I've already seen similarly crazy constructions elsewhere
> on the SoC. :P  Thanks for the pointer, I'll give it a spin.
>
>> It has been observed in the past the when UART DMA is enabled we will receive
>> DMA events even if there is nothing pending for DMA. If we did not ask eDMA to
>> recheck the status we could end up receiving a flood of interrupts and the
>> kernel will disable the interrupt line.
>
> That still implies however that a cc error is being generated for some
> reason. The patch merely fixes the stuck irq line.

I know... But if the dma_ccerr_handler is called and there is nothing in the
error status registers (EMR/EMRH, QEMR or CCERR) there is nothing the handler
can do since according to the error registers there is nothing need to be done.

--
Péter