Re: cpuidle results in ethernet degredation ?

Hi ,

I've accidently omitted linux-omap in last message, so please here it is again:

I think that if someone here understand cpuidle it may lead me to a solution...

1. I'm using TI's kernel 2.6.37
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap.git/
2. I think it is related to the menu governer who decides on c-state change.
But I'm not sure what and how I need to change so that the ethernet
test for small windows will have same performance as without PM.
3. I see that the performace as tested with iperf has the same
performace results with large packets but with small packets (smaller
then 2000 bytes) there is high degredation (only if cpuidle is used)
I also see that the counter for C3(core inactive - not retention yet)
state is icremented with the small packet test.
Does anyone have any idea why the small packet test results in
entering (and exit ) several times the core inactive state? Why does
not it happen with big packet test? And what can I do to overcome this
degredation?
4. Can anyone try to run iperf with small packet (2000 bytes or below)
for checking ethernet bandwidth? And then compare this with results in
kernel without power management support?

Regards,
Ran